Monday 14 March 2016

Spring has come Marching in.



Spring has come Marching in
and they are messing with the time again.



We are always thankful for any extra hours which feels like a little luxury when the clocks go back in Autumn.
But when they take one away from you. Well it just doesn't seem fair.

Snow gives way to flowers and greenery. Wildlife comes alive and is active with birds out singing songs. The warming, mild temperatures also mean you can finally put away your winter coat and break out your summer dress. There are so many reasons to love spring.

Why do we love spring?

It's spring again — a time of rebirth as the natural world wakes up and revives after going dormant in the winter months. In spring, our days start getting longer andflowersbegin to bloom and warmer weather allows more time enjoying the outdoors














March Blog>  In like a lion and out like a lamb -goes the old saying.
We love March because it is a farewell to Winter in the UK (hopefully) and the nights get lighter and we all feel better when the sun shines longer.
We are told it should came in like a lion and out like a lamb ...but mostly it always seems to go out like a lion too. But the only thing I don't look forward to is when they take an hour away from you. We need more hours in a day not less.


Also they say the UK is going continental now. The little tin island is looking uncannily like the continent in a manner of speaking in regards to the weather. We all listen to the weather forecast but they are usually only right 50% of the time, and that sounds like good guess work to me.
You should always listen to your Auntie Mary when her arthritis plays up. You know there is a storm heading your way when she hollers.




I'm still hoping they stop taking that vital hour off us in Autumn when the clocks go back. And oh boy, do we need more time. 




Time is indeed going quicker and quicker it seems for many of us. I did wonder if  it was because my life was so fulfilling, but apparently it isn't.
The reason why it seems that time goes quicker can be explained scientifically. (Leans to sceptic side here) Scientists explain it like this: As you get older your memory capacity shrinks and you have less memory cells, so you don't hold as much information.

Therefore the older you get, the less time you think you have, because you don't store it as well. But you wouldn't remember all that anyway, so let's not worry too much.
I still feel as if I am missing out, hmm.




As I sit up in bed contemplating the day as the new sunrise appears over my bedpost I look forward to the sunshine days and hope I manage to fit in at least some of the schedules I have planned on my list. Yes it is March already and how frightening to know the months seem to bump into each other, forever in a hurry to come in quickly like a lion and out like a lion too!
So take time out in your busy day to take a moment and consider what you have done and savour it all.


So where does this time go? The time leaves us and goes to the young ones, as they seem to have oodles of the stuff.
What do I do with my spare time? I create ,write, blog, illustrate and promote. Then I schedule so many items in on 10 sites it is scary. So I have to schedule everything in really well to get through my work load. All subject to change of course, as it is with any family and also when life gets in the way. 
I love to illustrate, watercolour, colour, design templates and learn new skills in design and video. But most of all I love spending time with the family, looking at art and nature. Spring and Autumn are my favourite seasons.

If there was such a thing as a pause button in a day I would definitely try it out. Maybe my buttons are on fast forward.


Read some fascinating links about the science behind the reason you actually think time goes too
quick.                      why-time-goes-by-faster-as-you-get-older

No comments:

Post a Comment